Cash incentive scheme
If you are a tenant of a housing association living in Bracknell Forest and you occupy a family sized property, the council can offer you a grant of up to £60,000 to help you purchase a property on the open market.
To be eligible for a grant you must:
- have been a housing association tenant within Bracknell Forest for at least 2 years
- have had a clear rent and council tax account for a least 6 months
- have a local connection to the borough
- be occupying a family size property
- work full time or more than 16 hours per week and have an income of between £20,000 and £60,000
- have a good credit history (subject to an Experian check)
The level of grant will depend on the property value, the mortgage offer amount and the savings that applicants have.