Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library programme
Dolly Parton's Imagination Library delivers free books to inspire a love of reading in the hearts of children.
We are running a pilot of the programme for eligible families in Bracknell Forest. It will initially run until March 2022.
Each month, registered children (from birth to age 5) will receive a high quality, age appropriate book in the post, free of charge. Books include:
- traditional stories and rhymes
- books by beloved authors and illustrators
- non-fiction content
- newly published titles
This programme targets families who will most benefit from the programme and help the community by:
- improving literacy rates and school readiness
- increasing engagement and enjoyment in learning
To register for the programme, a child must be part of one or more of the following groups:
- child in need, as defined under section 17 of the Children Act 1989
- child with a child protection plan under section 47 of the Children Act 1989
- child in a family receiving targeted (tier 2) early help support
- child eligible for 2-year-old funding or early years pupil premium (EYPP)
Partner organisations can make referrals where it can be shown that the family would benefit from the extra resources provided by this programme.
Eligible families will be invited to take part. If you believe you meet one of these criteria, but have not been contacted, please contact your early years provider or case worker.
A universal offer
This scheme is part range of opportunities for improving learning. There are wider activities that are open to all families, parents and children.
Visit our libraries events pages to find events that are open to everyone.