Education, training and employment
We want you to succeed in your education, training and employment. We will ask you how you are doing and be ready to celebrate your achievements with you.
We will offer you:
- careers information and advice, such as help to develop your CV, advice about job interviews, including what you might wear
- support to meet your transport costs when travelling to training, school or college, apprenticeships or job interviews (until your bursary, salary or other income supports these costs)
- support to buy tools, equipment, essential clothing, and books, when you start your training or new work opportunity
- support if you choose to go to university, such as helping you choose the right course, tuition fees and maintenance loans, travel costs at the start and end of term, and making sure we support you with where to live during the holidays
- opportunities for work experience, apprenticeships and employment within the council
- the chance to attend and help organise celebration events when young people achieve education, training and employment milestones
You will still be entitled to support from the Virtual School as you did when you were a child. You can also access support from Elevate Bracknell Forest - they provide careers advice and information.