Skip to main content
Warning triangle

Coronavirus (COVID-19): Visit our coronavirus pages for the latest updates.


We will try to help you financially, including:

  • providing a leaving care grant to help you buy essential things when moving into your own home
  • giving you exemptions to or discounts on paying Council Tax if you live in Bracknell
  • providing or telling you about relevant money management courses
  • information on how to access your Junior ISA or Child Trust Fund
  • support to open a bank account
  • support to gain important identification documents, such as a passport or provisional driving licence, you should have received this before you are 18 but if you haven’t then your personal adviser can support with this
  • support to get your National Insurance number, your social worker will do this before you are 18
  • exceptional financial support in emergencies
  • providing a financial gift at birthdays (18 and 21) and Christmas or other celebrations

Contact information

Display Name Children's Social Care

Make an enquiry