Skip to main content
Warning triangle

Coronavirus (COVID-19): Visit our coronavirus pages for the latest updates.

Health, wellbeing and relationships

Below are some of the ways our leaving care service and your personal adviser can support you to stay healthy and look after your physical and mental health. We can:

  • give you information on healthy living
  • give you information on getting help to pay for prescriptions
  • support you to register with a GP
  • support you to move from CAMHS to adult services
  • give you information about counselling services that are available locally
  • give you help with transport costs when attending health appointments
  • if you are a young parent, we will support you and help you arrange childcare, if this is what you want
  • offer free or subsidised access to the leisure centres we run, using the e+ scheme.
  • give you information about health drop-in centres
  • work with you to develop a ‘health passport’ containing key information from your childhood (for example, when and if you have had immunisations) and your current health needs


As well as support from a personal adviser, we may be able to offer you additional practical and emotional support, such as:

  • providing you with a mentor or peer mentor
  • help to maintain or regain contact with people special to you or who cared for you in the past, like former foster carers, independent visitors or social workers
  • support to reconnect with family where it is in your best interests

Contact information

Display Name Children's Social Care

Make an enquiry