Support available for children and young people in care
The Pledge is the council's promise to children and young people who are looked after and to care leavers.
The council promises to:
- be honest with you and only promise things we know we can deliver
- respect you
- listen to you
- support you and help you to achieve your best
- keep your information confidential
- recognise importance of your family and friends to you
- support you to be healthy
- support you practically, financially and emotionally to prepare for your future when you leave care
- listen and respond to any complaints
Children in Care Council
SiLSiP (Say it Loud, Say it Proud) is the name of our Children in Care Council. We meet every couple of months to give young people in care an opportunity to meet others in a similar situation and discuss issues which may be affecting them. Members of SiLSiP also meet with senior managers to give their feedback on services and make recommendations that can make a positive difference for looked after young people and care leavers.
Leaving care service
We offer a drop-in support service for young people leaving care.
Bracknell Forest virtual school
We aim to make sure that all children and young people have access to the best possible education and are given every chance to progress and realise their individual potential.
Help for young people to find education, work or training
We work closely with Adviza, a charity inspiring young people to make better decisions that help them progress in learning and work.
You can find more information about all of these services on Bracknell Forest local offer website.
Targeted youth support and Bracknell Forest youth service
The Bracknell Forest youth service supports work in 4 centres delivering specific programmes and commissioning services from other providers.