Residents survey 2017
In 2017 we surveyed up to 1,800 people to find out what our residents think about the services we provide.
According to the results of survey, Bracknell Forest residents agree the borough is a good place to live. They get on well with their neighbours, are satisfied with the way the council runs things and can influence decisions.
The survey consisted of telephone and face-to-face interviews. We asked a range of questions on how we provide services, what we do well and where we could make further improvements.
The results show:
- 96% of respondents said that people from different backgrounds got on well together
- 90% of respondents were satisfied with the area as a place to live up from 87% in 2014 (only 4% were dissatisfied)
- 68% of people were satisfied with the way the council runs things; an increase of 18% since 2009 (only 10% were dissatisfied)
Residents were asked to list their favourite three things about living in the borough. The main things residents enjoy are:
- the borough’s parks and countryside
- council run sports and leisure facilities
The survey results also show the number of people who believe the council offers value for money has increased to 62% of respondents. In 2014 it was 59% and in 2012 it was 55%.
The survey was carried out by independent company Qa Research and responses remain anonymous. The feedback will help us understand how residents view the council and what services need to be reviewed in the future.