Coronavirus advice in alternative formats
If English is not your first language it might be difficult to keep up to date with the latest guidance on COVID-19.
Public Health England (PHE) has translated recent guidance into some of the most spoken languages: Arabic, Bengali, Gujarati, Hindi, Polish, Punjabi India, Punjabi Pakistan, Simplified Chinese, Slovakian, Somali and Urdu.
Translations and alternative formats (including British sign language, large print and easy read versions) are available on a variety of topics on Public Health England’s resource centre.
Local alert levels
You can download information and resources related to the app on the NHS COVID-19 app support page.
You can find the same information in other languages on the NHS COVID-19 app translations page.
Hands. Face. Space
The ‘Hands. Face. Space’ campaign urges the public to continue to wash their hands, cover their face and make space to control infection rates and avoid a second peak.
Test and trace
Test and trace is a crucial part of protecting our community from COVID-19 spreading.
The main symptoms of COVID-19 are a high temperature, a new, continuous cough and a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste.
Find translated posters for symptoms from Public Health England.
Leaflets containing translated information on early years, primary and secondary age are available.
- coronavirus safety advice - English
- coronavirus safety advice - Urdu اگر آپ یا آپ کے ساتھ رہنے والا کوئی شخص بیمار ہو
- coronavirus safety advice - Polish Jeśli Ty lub osoba, z którą mieszkasz, źle się czujecie
- coronavirus isolation safety message - Nepali
- coronavirus isolation and prevention safety messages - Arabic
Translated versions of leaflets and posters are available from GOV.UK:
- flu vaccination: who should have it this winter and why
- flu vaccination for children: leaflets and posters
Translated videos on Flu vaccination
- flu vaccination advice - English
- flu vaccination advice - Urdu فلو کی ویکسین حاصل کیجئے
- flu vaccination advice - Polish Szczepienie przeciwko grypie
- flu vaccination advice - Nepali
- flu vaccination advice - Arabic
Translated audio messages on COVID safety and flu vaccine
- flu vaccine message - Urdu
- flu vaccine message - English
- flu vaccine message - Polish
- flu vaccine message - Nepali
- flu vaccine message - Arabic
Support for Roma communities
The Roma Support Group has a variety of resources for Roma communities on its website.
The RNIB has a helpline to support people who are partially sighted or blind to get the information they need, including information on coronavirus.
You can speak to Sight Loss Advisors by calling 0303 123 9999.
Guidance translated into Nepalese is available from Doctors of the World: