Coronavirus advice in alternative formats
If you are finding it difficult to keep up to date with the latest guidance, because English is not your first language, or you have other accessibility needs, there is help available for you.
Doctors of the World provide the latest government guidance translated into 60 languages. These have been produced in partnership with the British Red Cross, and other partners and individuals.
Public Health England’s resource centre has translated recent guidance into some of the most spoken languages: Arabic, Bengali, Farsi, Gujarati, Hindi, Pashto, Polish, Punjabi Indian, Punjabi Pakistani, Romanian, Simplified Chinese, Slovakian, Somali and Urdu.
Translations and alternative formats (including British sign language, large print and easy read versions) are also available on a variety of topics.
Content on GOV.WALES is provided in English and Welsh, and is also available in alternative languages.
The Berkshire Public Health Portal also has an alternative language function, powered by Google Translate and video content is available with sound and captions.
How to do a PCR test
NHS inform has a range of videos in different languages to show you how to do a PCR test.
You can download information and resources related to the app on the NHS COVID-19 app support page.
You can find the same information in other languages on the NHS COVID-19 app translations page.
Information is available in alternative formats for the NHS COVID-19 app from Public Health England.
- coronavirus safety advice - English
- coronavirus safety advice - Urdu اگر آپ یا آپ کے ساتھ رہنے والا کوئی شخص بیمار ہو
- coronavirus safety advice - Polish Jeśli Ty lub osoba, z którą mieszkasz, źle się czujecie
- coronavirus isolation safety message - Nepali
- coronavirus isolation and prevention safety messages - Arabic
Public Health England provide translated guidance about Pharmacy Collect for home test kits on their coronavirus resource centre.
Vaccine disinformation - videos
The NHS has produced a series of vaccine disinformation videos in a wide variety of languages. To view them please visit vaccine disinformation YouTube videos.
Translated versions of leaflets and posters are available from GOV.UK:
- flu vaccination: who should have it this winter and why
- flu vaccination for children: leaflets and posters
Translated videos on Flu vaccination
- flu vaccination advice - English
- flu vaccination advice - Urdu فلو کی ویکسین حاصل کیجئے
- flu vaccination advice - Polish Szczepienie przeciwko grypie
- flu vaccination advice - Nepali
- flu vaccination advice - Arabic
Translated audio messages on COVID safety and flu vaccine
General COVID-19 information
Please find translated advise.
Support for Roma communities
The Roma Support Group has a variety of resources for Roma communities on its website.
The RNIB has a helpline to support people who are partially sighted or blind to get the information they need, including information on coronavirus.
You can speak to Sight Loss Advisors by calling 0303 123 9999.
Guidance translated into Nepalese is available from Doctors of the World: