Parks and countryside service updates
Please be considerate of other park users and put litter or bagged dog waste in the bins provided. If bins are full or unavailable, please take your waste home with you.
Please walk or cycle to visit green spaces where possible, to avoid busy car parks.
Please note that:
- Horseshoe Lake car park is closed every night, between the hours of 7pm until 7am
- Westmorland Park car park closes daily at 4pm until the following morning
These temporary closures are to prevent groups gathering in the car park when it gets dark, which leads to increased amounts of antisocial activity and is also against social distancing guidelines.
Cycling in Swinley Forest
Cyclists in Swinley Forest are encouraged to ride within their limits.
Please be considerate of pedestrians, as any accidents will cause extra strain on our local NHS resources.
Dog walkers are very welcome in our parks and open spaces.
We ask that you please keep your dog on a lead, particularly in sites where there are grazing livestock, or ground nesting bird sites. Sites include: Cabbage Hill, Peacock Meadows, Frost Folly, Caesar’s Camp and Wildmoor Heath.
Outdoor recreation facilities are open
- skate parks
- basketball courts
- football goal nets
- multi-use games areas
- teen shelters
Please give people space and sanitise your hands before and after using equipment.
Playgrounds are open
Our outdoor playgrounds are open for Bracknell Forest residents to use. We remind people to stay alert to the dangers of coronavirus, and that people using our playgrounds do so at their own risk.
Please follow these instructions when visiting our playgrounds:
- if you or any member of your household has coronavirus symptoms or are self-isolating, then you must not visit our playgrounds
- if the playground is busy, please do not enter but come back later
- only one parent or guardian should enter the playground to supervise their child or children
- sanitise your children’s hands before and after they use the equipment
- encourage children to avoid putting their mouths on equipment, their hands in their mouths, or to touch their face
- do not eat or drink while in the playground
Public rights of way
Only use your local public rights of way network for lawful access. Please be considerate of other users by giving people space.
Our outdoor tennis courts are open.
Wash your hands
Please take hygiene precautions when you are outside by using hand sanitiser, and wash your hands as soon as you are back indoors.