Bracknell Forest Lottery good cause eligibility
We want to enable as many organisations as possible to participate as good causes in the Bracknell Forest Lottery. As you will be joining under our overall gambling licence (Gambling Act 2005) we have to make sure that organisations meet certain criteria. There is no application fee.
Organisations that are eligible
Your organisation must:
- provide community activities or services within Bracknell Forest, which are of benefit to the residents of the borough
- have a formal constitution or set of rules
- have a bank account requiring at least 2 unrelated signatories
- operate with no undue restrictions on membership
And be either:
- a constituted group with a volunteer management committee with a minimum of 3 unrelated members that meets on a regular basis (at least 3 times per year)
- a registered charity, with a board of trustees
- a registered Community Interest Company
As a Community Interest Company you must provide:
- copies of your Community Interest Statement
- details of the Asset Lock included in your Memorandum and Articles of Association,
- a copy of your latest annual community interest report
Organisations that are not eligible
We will not permit applications from:
- groups promoting a particular religious or political belief or activity, or a campaign that does not directly relate to the provision of community activities or services within Bracknell Forest
- organisations that do not do work within the boundaries of Bracknell Forest
- organisations which aim to distribute a profit
- organisations with no established management committee/board of trustees (unless a CIC)
We are unable to accept applications that are incomplete.
The council reserves the right to reject any application for any reason.
The council will reserve its rights to not accept or cease to license any organisation with a minimum of 7 days’ notice for any reason.
If fraudulent or illegal activity is suspected, cessation will be immediate.