Employment Committee profile
Role of committee
The role of this committee is to formulate all human resources policies and determine all matters relating to the employment or dismissal of staff which are dealt with by officers under the Scheme of Delegation.
Membership of committee
This committee is appointed by the Council. There are 9 elected members.
Why be on this committee?
As an elected member, you may want to join this committee if you:
- want to make sure that all our staff are treated legally, fairly and consistently
- have an interest in HR legislation and a desire to use it effectively
- can assimilate information from a variety of sources and work with others to agree appropriate conclusions
- form good working relationships
- can provide clear guidance
Key meeting details
Number of meetings
There are 4 meetings a year.
Day and time
The usual meeting day is Wednesday at 7:30pm.
If you join this committee, training will be arranged as part of the induction programme to help you understand the roles and responsibilities of the committee.
Special payments for Chairman
There is a special payment of £2,201 for the Chairman.