Local Joint Committee profile
This committee is the consultative committee of Employment Committee.
Role of committee
To consider any matter concerning employees' conditions of service.
Membership of committee
This committee is appointed by the Employment Committee.
There are 4 councillors, meeting with union representatives.
Why be on this committee?
As an elected member, you may want to join this committee if you:
- want to make sure that all our staff are treated legally, fairly and consistently
- have an interest in HR legislation and a desire to use it effectively
- can assimilate information from a variety of sources and work with others to agree appropriate conclusions
- form good working relationships
- can provide clear guidance
Key meeting details
Number of meetings
There are 4 meetings a year.
Day and time
The usual meeting day is Wednesday at 4pm.
If you join this committee, training will be arranged as part of the induction programme to help you understand the roles and responsibilities of the committee.
Special payments for Chairman
There is no special payment for the Chairman.