Skip to main content
Warning triangle

Coronavirus (COVID-19): Visit our coronavirus pages for the latest updates and to get support for vulnerable residents.

Adult social care complaints

Who can complain?

Adult social care, housing and benefits complaints can be made by anyone who:

  • is receiving or has received services from adult social care
  • is affected, or likely to be affected, by the action, omission or decision of adult social care services
  • a representative, acting on behalf of a person who has died, or is unable to make the complaint themselves because they have:
    • a physical incapacity
    • a lack of capacity within the meaning of the Mental Capacity Act 2005
    • requested that a representative act on their behalf

Please note that there is a time limit of 12 months from when the matter being complained about occurred, to when a complaint may be made. After this time, a complaint will not normally be considered.