Data protection complaints
If you have a data protection concern you should follow our complaints procedure.
Send your complaint by email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the data protection concern. The following will then take place:
- Your complaint will be acknowledged and passed to the department where you say the data protection concern has occurred.
- The department will acknowledge your complaint and tell you what they will do.
- If they investigate, the department will respond to you. If they need more time to investigate your data protection concern they will let you know within 14 days after their initial acknowledgement.
- You will receive a response to your concern.
If you are not satisfied with the Stage 1 decision you can proceed to Stage 2.
You should send your complaint to the department dealing with your original complaint, requesting a review of the Stage 1 decision. You will be provided with an email address for the department in the Stage 1 decision.
The following will then take place:
- The department will acknowledge your complaint.
- A review will be conducted by a Director and a response will be sent to you within 21 days of the acknowledgment. They will contact you if further time is required to review your request.
- The Director reviewing the concern will send you a decision.
If you are unable to send a complaint by email, you can write to:
Bracknell Forest Council
If you are not satisfied with the Director's decision you are able to send your complaint to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO). You should use the ICO website to do this. You should raise your concerns with the ICO within 3 months of your last meaningful contact with the council.