Central directorates quarterly service report - budget position
The original cash budget for the department was £10.767 million. Net transfers of £4.526 million have been made bringing the current approved cash budget to £15.293 million, in addition non-cash budget virements of £4.792 million have been made as a result of departmental restructures.
A detailed analysis of the budget changes and variances this quarter are available in the documents below.
In addition, the department has identified 5 emerging issues that may affect to the council’s overall financial position:
- The Lookout – potential - £0.060 million additional income from catering function
- Head of Planning – anticipate - £0.075 million additional CIL income above budget
- Monitoring of Streetworks – projected - £0.050 million of streetwork permit scheme income in excess of budget
- Head of Planning – 6 planning appeals potentially costing £0.075 million
- Building Control – pressure on income £0.040 million
The committee’s capital budget for the year was set at £12.805 million. This included £5.105 million of externally funded schemes.
In addition to a carry forward of £8.579 million, the following funding has been received:
further S106 funding of £0.252 million has been received
- Binfield Community Centre - £0.061 million
- Wykery Copse - £0.057 million
- The Parks pitch works - £0.130 million
- Farley Wood - £0.004 million
- external funding of £0.386 million from the Department for Transport
- a revenue contribution of £0.025 million for South Hill Park footpaths
This brings the total budget to £22.047 million.
The department currently anticipates around 61% of the total approved budget to be spent by the end of the financial year. A detailed list of schemes together with their approved budget and forecast spend is available in the document below.