The council is responsible for a vast range of services and resources. It is essential that we have an overall, corporate approach to service delivery and improvement. With this approach, we successfully balance competing priorities and maintain an overview of our performance across the whole council.
Performance is reviewed each quarter by assessing progress against objectives and targets, so that corrective action can be taken promptly if needed.
Latest quarterly performance data
At the end of each quarter, the Chief Executive provides a high level summary report of performance across all services to the Executive. This report identifies achievements as well as areas of concern and demonstrates how action is being taken where it is required.
The Council Plan overview report provides an overview of the council's performance.
- a commentary from the Chief Executive covering the key sections from the 5 Quarterly Service Reports
- a table of the key indicators showing performance against target and trend structured by department
- an overview of complaints
- information about resources and finance
For older corporate performance overview reports, please contact the Performance and Partnerships team.
Performance against key indicators
We measure a wide range of quantifiable performance data across our services. We have identified those indicators that we consider to be key and which give an overall picture of the operational activity of our core activities and services. Across the council, these show that the current status is:
- 32 (76%) green – (on, above or within 5% of target)
- 2 (5%) amber – (between 5% and 10% of target)
- 8 (19%) red – (more than 10% from target)