Guidance before making planning application
Before making a planning application, we suggest you use our pre-application planning advice service. We can provide advice on whether your proposal is acceptable in principle. Depending on the level of advice you request, the service can also include a site visit and consultation with internal consultees.
Sources of information
For information and advice about making a planning application you may also find it useful to:
- visit GOV.UK - Planning practice guidance
- find out how to buy planning application ordnance survey (OS) maps online
- review the standards for online submissions
- visit our building regulations pages
- read our tree preservation orders page if your application covers protected trees
- read our planning and biodiversity guidance if your application has bio-diversity issues
Environmental impact assessments
Certain developments require the submission of an Environmental Statement under the provisions of the Town and Country Planning (Environmental Impact Assessment) (England and Wales) Regulations 1999.