Skip to main content

How to find a privately rented home

Most landlords and letting agents will require at least a month's rent in advance and a deposit equivalent of a month's rent. They will also charge administration fees and may ask for a guarantor who earns at least 3 times the annual rent to be charged.

You may be eligible to claim housing benefit to help pay the rent. We can help you calculate what housing benefit or Universal Credit you may be entitled to. You can do this using our online benefits calculator or by making an appointment to see a caseworker by calling 01344 352010.

Where can I look for private rented accommodation?

Available accommodation can be found:

Contact Information

Welfare and Housing Service

Make an enquiry