Support for people with autism
At Bracknell Forest, we have a specialised team that supports people with a primary diagnosis of autism.
This team is called the Community Team for People with Autistic Spectrum Disorder.
Who do we support?
Adults who have been diagnosed with ASD and their carers who are resident in the Bracknell Forest area may be eligible for support.
We will carry out an assessment of both individuals and carers wherever they have needs, regardless of whether they are expected to be eligible for support from the council.
What support do we give?
The support we provide covers a wide range of needs and includes:
- a carer assessment and support plan
- person-centred planning
- community integration into mainstream services
- support with the housing process
- communication skills support
- new skills development
- approaching adulthood
- independent advocacy
- signposting or referral to relevant services - eg physical health/mental health and other council departments
- social group