Guidance for people receiving direct payments
The government has guidance for people who receive support via direct payments:
- guidance for people receiving direct payments on GOV.UK
- Q&A for people receiving a personal budget or personal health budget on GOV.UK
If you are displaying coronavirus symptoms, please make sure you tell your care provider or personal assistant.
Disruption to your care
If your care is disrupted there are people you can contact for help.
If your care agency is unable to continue with your care, please contact either the:
- Adult Care Duty Team on 01344 351500
- Direct Payment Advisor on 01344 351420
You can also find details of groups and volunteers in the community via:
If your personal assistant is unable to continue with your care, you can get help from:
- the Direct Payment Advisor on 01344 351420
- Support with Confidence on 01344 206113 for information about personal assistants who have vacancies
- the Skills for Care website
Contact your payroll or insurance company if you need guidance about furlough and sick pay.
You will continue to receive your direct payments as usual unless there are any changes.
These changes would include:
- if you choose to cancel your care provider or personal assistant permanently
- if you request that your carers do not visit you for a period of time
- your day service closes for a period
If your circumstances have changed please contact the direct payments team as soon as possible.
Keeping people safe
We want to make sure that all residents are as safe as possible and we want to make sure that harm is prevented from happening to anyone.
If you are concerned about someone, including yourself, you can report this by:
- using our online form
- phone: 01344 351500 (during office hours)
- phone: 01344 786543 (outside office hours)
To find out more about adult safeguarding, visit the Bracknell Forest Safeguarding Board website.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and Testing
Track and Trace scheme - scams
For information and guidance visit Ofcom - coronavirus scam calls and texts.
If you have any questions about your direct payments, you can contact us by:
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- phone: 01344 351420