There are 2 visa routes for individuals and families from Ukraine to arrive in the UK. Information on both of these schemes, including how to apply, is available on these websites:
The role of the council, and the direct support provided, is different depending on which visa an individual has.
For advice or guidance, please email email@example.com.
The following support applies to both schemes.
Individuals arriving in the UK under both schemes will have:
- full access to benefits and public services such as schools, care and health services
- leave to remain for up to 3 years
The council will:
- provide signposting information including to local community groups and food banks
- support community integration, including working with the community and voluntary sector
Job Centre Plus
Job Centre Plus can support all individuals with access benefits and employment support.
Homes for Ukraine scheme
With the Homes for Ukraine scheme, the council will arrange and fund Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and accommodation checks, plus provide:
- £350 monthly accommodation payment to hosts
- one-off payment card for each Ukrainian guest
- support to make sure guests can integrate and access services
- additional support and assessment where children do not arrive with direct relatives
Full information about the role of councils is set out by the government and available online.
View information on GOV.UK - Homes for Ukraine guidance for councils