Family Focus privacy notice
1. Name of the Data Controller
Bracknell Forest Council
Time Square, Market Street, Bracknell, RG12 1JD
2. Contact for Data Protection Officer
Data Protection Officer
Bracknell Forest Council
Phone: 01344 352000
3. Purpose and lawful bases for the personal data that you process
The lawful basis for processing your personal data by the ‘Family Focus’ is under:
- Article 6(1)(e)GDPR – Public Task where it is necessary to process your personal data to perform an official task, under the law, that will provide a service. (e.g. improving outcomes for families).
- The DPA 2018 will provide a lawful basis to process criminal offence data (as required by Article 10 GDPR). (e.g. in the event of fraud).
For more information about the processing of data please see your data in the Family Focus team.
4. Basis of processing for special categories of data
Special Categories data is being processed under Article 9(2)(g) as processing your personal data is necessary for reasons of substantial public interest that provide for suitable and specific measures to safeguard the fundamental rights and the interests of the data subject. (e.g. improving outcomes for families).
You can read about special category data on the Information Commissioner's (ICO) website.
5. Recipients of the personal data that you collect and process
We will need to share your personal data with the Ministry of Housing, Communities & Local Government.
We will not sell your personal data to any party.
6. International transfers and if applicable any safeguards in place
Your personal data may be stored securely in a cloud based system within the European Union. The council will seek to make sure that an adequate standard of security is obtained if personal data is stored on a system outside the European Union.
7. Retention periods for the data and the criteria for setting that period (for example as set in legislation)
Your data will not be kept for longer than is necessary.
Data that is received through for children will be kept for 25 years, looked after children for 75 years and foster children 10 years after foster care has terminated.
Adult personal data will be held for 5 years. If this personal data is relevant to a child the data will be held for the retention period described above.
8. Individual rights
The GDPR provides the following rights for individuals:
- The right to be informed.
- The right of access.
- The right to rectification.
- The right to erasure.
- The right to restrict processing.
- The right to data portability.
- The right to object.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
9. Right to complain to the ICO
If you are not satisfied with the way that Bracknell Forest Council is holding your data, you can contact the Information Commissioner:
Information Commissioner's Office
Phone: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745 if you prefer to use a national rate number
Fax: 01625 524 510
You can view directions to the Information Commissioner's head office.
10. Existence of profiling and/or automated decision making
Bracknell Forest Council will collate your personal data for profiling or automated decision making as it helps us address inequalities between different population groups and makes it easier to target appropriate health promotion messages.
We do not collect IP addresses.