School services privacy notice
This privacy notice informs:
- Building contracts
- Safety inspections
- School meals
- School consultants
- School cleaning
1. Name of the Data Controller
Bracknell Forest Council
Time Square, Market Street, Bracknell, RG12 1JD
2. Contact for Data Protection Officer
Data Protection Officer
Bracknell Forest Council
Phone: 01344 352000
3. Purpose and lawful bases for the personal data that you process
Your DBS data will be used to ensure compliance with the terms and conditions of consultancy contracts under:
(1) ‘Performance of a contract’.
4. Basis of processing for special categories of data
5. Recipients of the personal data that you collect and process
We will need to share you personal data with 3rd parties to deliver our services. Third parties include schools. This is not an exhaustive list. You can ask us for more information on the 3rd party service providers. We will not sell your personal data to any party.
6. International transfers and if applicable any safeguards in place
Your personal data may be stored securely in a cloud based system within the European Union. The council will seek to ensure that an adequate standard of security is obtained if personal data is stored on a system outside the European Union.
7. Retention periods for the data and the criteria for setting that period (for example as set in legislation)
The retention period is set in legislation or as required for the service that is being provided. Your data will not be kept for longer than is necessary.
8. Individual rights
The GDPR provides the following rights for individuals:
1. The right to be informed.
2. The right of access.
3. The right to rectification.
4. The right to erasure.
5. The right to restrict processing.
6. The right to data portability.
7. The right to object.
8. Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
9. Right to withdraw consent
If we ask you for your consent when providing our service you have the right to withdraw consent.
10. Right to complain to the ICO
If you are not satisfied with the way that Bracknell Forest Council is holding your data, you can contact the Information Commissioner:
Information Commissioner's Office
Phone: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745 if you prefer to use a national rate number
Fax: 01625 524 510
You can view directions to the Information Commissioner's head office.
11. Existence of profiling and/or automated decision making
Bracknell Forest Council does not need to collate your personal data for profiling or automated decision making.