Transport privacy notice
1. Name of the Data Controller
Bracknell Forest Council
Time Square, Market Street, Bracknell, RG12 1JD
2. Contact for Data Protection Officer
Data Protection Officer
Bracknell Forest Council
Phone: 01344 352000
3. Purpose and lawful bases for the personal data that you process
Your personal data will be used to process your application for disabled parking bay applications, concessionary rail applications and enquiries regarding highway matters.
‘Public interest’ when providing a service in our official capacity.
4. Basis of processing for special categories of data
Special Categories data is being processed for:
- the data subject has given explicit consent to the processing of those personal data for one or more specified purposes, except where Union or Member State law provide that the prohibition referred to in paragraph 1 may not be lifted by the data subject
- processing is necessary for the purposes of carrying out the obligations and exercising specific rights of the controller or of the data subject in the field of employment and social security and social protection law in so far as it is authorised by Union or Member State law or a collective agreement pursuant to Member State law providing for appropriate safeguards for the fundamental rights and the interests of the data subject
- physical or mental health or conditions
5. International transfers and if applicable any safeguards in place
Your personal data may be stored securely in a cloud based system within the European Union. The council will seek to ensure that an adequate standard of security is obtained if personal data is stored on a system outside the European Union.
6. Retention periods for the data and the criteria for setting that period (for example as set in legislation)
The retention period is set in legislation or as required for the service that is being provided. Your data will not be kept for longer than is necessary.
7. Individual rights
The GDPR provides the following rights for individuals:
- The right to be informed.
- The right of access.
- The right to rectification.
- The right to erasure.
- The right to restrict processing.
- The right to data portability.
- The right to object.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
8. Right to withdraw consent
If we ask you for your consent when providing our service you have the right to withdraw consent.
9. Right to complain to the ICO
If you are not satisfied with the way that Bracknell Forest Council is holding your data, you can contact the Information Commissioner:
Information Commissioner's Office
Phone: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745 if you prefer to use a national rate number
Fax: 01625 524 510
You can view directions to the Information Commissioner's head office.
10. Existence of profiling and/or automated decision making
Bracknell Forest Council does not need to collate your personal data for profiling or automated decision making.