Energy Company Obligation-4 (ECO-4) is a government energy efficiency scheme. It has been set up to improve energy efficiency in the least energy efficient homes. We can refer low-income households in the borough for ECO-4 support.
To be considered for this support, the criteria below must apply to you.
- be living in fuel poverty
- live in a home within energy efficiency bands D, E, F, or G
If you do not know your home's energy efficiency rating, you will need to arrange a home survey. It will verify that you meet the above eligibility criteria. We can provide help and advice on how to do this.
Further to the criteria above, you will need to meet 1 of the 3 following criteria:
- the household income is less that £31,000
- the household is in SAP band E,F or G and 2 of the following apply:
- a householder is receiving a council tax rebate (excludes single person rebates)
- a householder is vulnerable to living in a cold home
- you have a child living with you that is receiving free school meals due to low income
- an energy supplier or Citizen's Advice has referred a householder because of difficulty paying bills
- a GP has identified a householder as low-income and vulnerable, and whose health conditions may be worsened by living in a cold home (health conditions may be cardiovascular, respiratory, immunosuppressed, or limited mobility related)
Please read the statement of intent for full conditions and eligibility criteria.
ECO-4 funding is currently available until 31 March 2026.
For further information on this scheme, please contact us by:
- phone: 01344 353526
- email: email@example.com.
DocumentECO-4 statement of intent