Difficulty paying your rent or mortgage

If you are homeless or threatened with homelessness, the Welfare and Housing Service is available to offer advice and support to help you keep your home or find another home.

The Welfare and Housing Service can offer advice on a range of issues including:

  • relationship breakdown and the implications for housing
  • being evicted by parents, family or friends
  • landlord and tenant rights
  • being served notice to quit
  • illegal evictions and disrepair
  • advice for people in rent or mortgage arrears
  • alternative temporary accommodation
  • alternative housing options such as private renting, low cost home ownership options or supported housing

If you think you are at risk of losing your home, or are threatened with homelessness, you should contact the Welfare and Housing Service as soon as possible and make an appointment.

If you think you might lose your home, it’s important that you contact us and get advice as soon as possible.

You can contact us by: