Tips for online applications
Read the application pack
Make sure that you read the application pack before you complete the form. It contains information about the skills and experience we are looking for and you will need to explain why you are suitable for the job by referring to these. Describe your skills and experience so that managers can easily see how you meet the requirements of the role.
In order to apply for vacancies you will need to register.
You will then be able to set up job searches, register for job alert emails and also check the progress of your application. Your application form is saved online for future use and can then be amended for other vacancies you may be interested in applying for.
Registration is free of charge.
Closing date and time
Check the closing date and the time for receiving applications, as vacancies close at various times of the day or night.
Allow enough time to complete the application form as after the closing date the facility to apply online will no longer be available.
Using the online application
Please remember the following when using the online application system:
- the back button will take you out of the application form and you may lose your work
- there is a 'previous step' button at the bottom of each page and a 'preview your application' button at end of the application form which will allow you to make changes before you submit your application
- the online form does not have a spell check, we recommend you use a text editor package such as Word and copy the text into the form
- ensure you complete the online application form in full as shortlisting will be based on the information provided on your application form
- there is a file attachment facility on the application form, which works in a similar way to attaching a file to an email - you can browse your own documents and attach any relevant document in support of your applications such as a report, an example of your work or your CV
- there is only a facility to upload 1 document
- you should not attach any written references
- after you press the apply button, you should receive an email saying that we have received your application
Please always be careful when providing personal information by email.
Any information would only ever be requested by the council or Jobsgopublic, our host recruitment site. If you have any doubts, please contact us.
Access after closing date
If you have applied online you can still access the job details/application pack and view your application form after the closing date by logging into your account and selecting the relevant vacancy title.
You can also check the status of your application in the same way. Some schools are not currently using this facility.
If you do not hear from us within 14 days of the closing date, please assume that you have been unsuccessful.
Please don’t be discouraged from applying for other jobs. Your skills may suit one of the many vacancies we have each year.
Withdrawing your application
If you decide that you no longer wish to be considered for this vacancy please log into you account, select the vacancy and then choose 'withdraw application'.