The Lexicon Bracknell Half Marathon - information for residents
The Bracknell Half Marathon will take place on Sunday 13 May 2018 at 9am, starting and finishing in The Lexicon.
Although the race is run almost entirely on footpaths and cycleways, there are short stretches run on the public highway, and there are places where the runners have to cross side roads.
To ensure the safety of the runners, there will be road closures in place for parts of the race at:
- Larges Lane at the junction with London Road
- Binfield Road from the junction with Jocks lane to Framptons Bridge roundabout
- Western Road from the junction with Easthampstead Road to the junction with Downshire Way
- Junction of Bracknell Leisure Centre entrance and Bagshot Road
- Opladen Way 30 metres south of Harmanswater Road
Roads will be re-opened as soon as the last runner has passed and it is safe to do so.
Traffic management controls
There will also be traffic management controls in place at the following places:
- Junction of Lily Hill Road and Longhill Road
- Roundabout junction of Westmoreland Drive, Harvest Ride and Julius Hill
- Roundabout junction of Jigs Lane South and Harvest Ride
- Roundabout junction of Warfield Road, Harvest ride and Newell Green
- Moordale Avenue between Windlesham Road and Weycrofts
- Priestwood Avenue between Windlesham Road and Underhill
- Junction of Western Road and Downshire Way
- Junction of Bagshot Road and Glebewood
- Nuneaton and its footpath/cycleway crossing (approx. 116m west of the roundabout junction with Savernake Way)
- Farningham and its footpath/cycleway crossing (approx. 75m north of its junction with Hope Avenue)
Where traffic management controls are in place, runners will be given priority, but vehicles will be allowed to move as long as it is safe.
Please drive carefully
Despite the use of footpaths and cycleways the runners will still have to cross side streets and other roads. Many of these crossings will have traffic control in place. Signs warning drivers will be posted just prior to the race, particularly in residential areas.
The organisers would respectfully request that add drivers take extra care whilst driving near the race, and allow extra time for journeys planned for that day.
The Bracknell Half Marathon is a firmly established event in the local sporting calendar and has an excellent safety record.