Read digital copies of your favourite magazines for free from your computer, smartphone or tablet using RBdigital e-magazines.
Some features of e-magazines are:
- you can read magazines instantly online on your PC or Mac
- you can use the RBdigital for Libraries mobile app to download magazines onto your tablet or smartphone for offline reading
- titles include Amateur Photographer, Classic & Sports Car, Country Walking, Hello, Mojo, New Scientist, Prima, Total Film and much more
- there is no limit to the number of magazines you can check out or how long you have them
How to checkout and read e-magazines
On your computer
To choose and read e-magazines on your computer:
- go to the Bracknell Forest RBdigital website and register to create an account. For e+ cards beginning 633, please omit 633 and enter the remaining digits
- browse through the magazine covers or use the title search to choose the e-magazines you wish to read – you can click on a title cover to see the issues available
- select ‘checkout’, and then ‘start reading’ to immediately read the magazine in your browser
- select ‘keep browsing’ to choose more e-magazines - your checked out magazine titles appear in ‘Checked Out’
- to delete unwanted titles go to ‘Checked Out’ and click on the rubbish bin icon next to the magazine cover.
On your tablet or smartphone
The RBdigital for Libraries app is available for iOS, Android, Kindle Fire HD/HDX. To read e-magazines on your mobile device:
- visit your app store to install the RBdigital app
- tap "Not a member? Register now" to create an account - choose UK, Bracknell Forest Libraries and then enter your library card and user information
- browse through the magazine titles or search by title
- tap ‘checkout’ to borrow a title and ‘read’ to open a magazine
- go to the main menu button (top left-hand corner, 3 horizontal lines) and select ’checked out’ - you can now tap 'return' to return any checked out magazine or select the cross in top right corner of the cover to delete the title
You can keep magazines permanently, with no limit to the number you have, but you may want to return them to free up space on your device.
Kindle Fire users
To install RBdigital for Libraries on your Kindle Fire you need to enable your device to accept apps from “other” non-Kindle Store sources. (Settings > More > Device > Allow installation of Applications (from unknown sources) > select "ON")
Need some help?
For more information and frequently asked questions please look at the RBdigital help pages.
You can also look at our own guide to using RBdigital.
If you can’t find an answer to your query or you need help please use our enquiry form.
Free help sessions
Get to know your tablet better and find out how to download free library e-books, e-audiobooks and e-magazines. Contact us to book a free 45-minute session for friendly help and advice. We can also help with email, internet browsing and app downloads.
Monthly drop in
Got a question about enjoying free library e-books, e-audio and e-magazines on your phone, tablet, laptop, MP3 player or e-reader?
Come in with your device and we’ll give you advice on how to get started or answer any questions you have. There’s no need to book, just drop in.
When: 2:30pm to 4pm on 21 June and 12 July.