Download and stream music for free using the Freegal Music app or website.
There are over 15 million songs from thousands of artists and albums, including Sony Music’s catalogue of legendary artists.
- download 3 music tracks each week - these are MP3 digital rights management free so the track is yours to keep for as long as you want
- stream music for up to 3 hours a day - a great way to discover new music without the need to download
- download music videos in MP4 format – each video counts as 2 of your 3 weekly downloads
How to get Freegal Music
You can download the:
Or visit the Freegal Music website on a computer.
Enter Bracknell or United Kingdom in the search box to find your library, then enter your library card number and PIN.
For e+ cards beginning 633, omit 633 and type the rest of the digits.
- choose songs from existing playlists, browse the lists of top downloads or most popular songs, artists or genres
- use the search box
- listen to the sample of a song by selecting the arrow in the middle of the album image to decide if you want to download a song to your music library
- go to My Music to find all your downloaded songs - create your own playlists to organise your downloaded songs and access your favourite songs
To download a song or video select the 3 dots next to the song and then “Download”.
When you select the “Download now” button, this counts towards your weekly allotment – even if you decide to cancel it. To avoid this, use the 30 second song clips to decide if you want to download.
You can add songs and videos to your wishlist – this is helpful if you’ve reached your weekly download allowance.
Downloading to a computer
To download a song or video to a computer:
- select the “Download Now” button next to the song
- select “Save” and choose where you want to save the song
If you are not presented with a prompt, try right clicking the link and choosing the option to save the link.
If a song does not open directly into Windows Media Player on your PC:
- open Windows Media Player
- select File - Import File
- select the songs you want to add
- select OK
The songs will now appear in your Windows Media Player library.
Downloading to a smartphone or tablet
You cannot export downloaded titles directly to iTunes or any other software from the Freegal app.
If you want to have a copy in your iTunes as well as your Freegal Music app, you can download a song again from the Freegal Music website on a computer within 2 weeks of your original download.
You can access recent downloads on the navigation bar of the homepage.
You may need to logout of the Freegal Music app to do this. To log out, go to settings, and then select “Log out”.
How to transfer a track from computer to mobile
To transfer a song or video from a computer to your mobile device:
- plug your device into your computer using the USB cable
- on an apple mobile device open iTunes on your computer and import the file
- on an android mobile device drag and drop the file from your computer to your mobile device
You can view frequently asked questions on the Freegal Music website.
To contact support using the app, tap on the 3 dots in the top right corner and then select “Freegal Music Support”.
Please be aware that some of the titles may contain content of a more adult nature.
As with all library usage we recommend parents and carers give their child support in choosing appropriate items to match their needs.