On Saturday evening, following entertainment by Santa’s Hula Hoop Girls, Jester Contact Jugglers, Gold Belles Stilt Walkers and the Acrobatic Elves, the Forest Snow Queen led a procession through the avenues of The Lexicon, lighting 135,000 lights to mark the start of Christmas at The Lexicon.
With the lights now shining brightly, the Christmas fun and entertainment continues right up to Christmas Eve.
From Saturday, November 25, a giant post box will be situated outside Pandora, giving shoppers the opportunity to post a Christmas wish request for a loved one.
Simply post a card or letter in the box nominating your best friend, parent, sister, colleague or anyone who has been a star this year and deserves a treat.
The post box will close on Sunday, 17 December at 5pm so that The Lexicon has time to make 5 Christmas wishes come true.
The Lexicon will be holding Christmas wishes workshops for children to create their own Christmas wishes cards on Sunday 26 November, 3 and 10 December. The workshops will take place on the High Street, opposite Game and registration is not required. To find out when the Christmas Wishes workshops are taking place, please see the festive period schedule below.
Over the festive period, The Lexicon will also be joined by some famous characters including: Catboy, Owlette and Gekko from PJ Masks on Tuesday 5 December, Bing and Flop on Tuesday 12 December and Ben and Holly on Tuesday 19 December. The characters will be making personal appearances at intervals between 2.30pm and 7pm on each date. Please bear with us as we are expecting the sessions to be busy.
Sue Boor, head of marketing for The Lexicon says:
It was fantastic to see so many people enjoying the Christmas light switch on Saturday. We hope to see many more joining in the festive fun over the coming weeks.
Music and entertainment will continue throughout November and December, with street entertainers, local musicians and bands.
Cllr Marc Brunel-Walker, executive member for economic development and regeneration, says:
It was wonderful to see so many people enjoying the magical Christmas lights switch on at The Lexicon on Saturday. This festive season promises to be hugely exciting for our residents and visitors as the family-fun continues in the heart of our new town centre right up until Christmas Eve.
Festive Period Schedule
Here are the details for the festive period at The Lexicon:
- Tuesday 5 December - PJ Masks - 2:30pm to 7pm
- Tuesday 12 December - Bing and Flop - 2:30pm to 7pm
- Tuesday 19 December - Ben and Holly - 2:30pm to 7pm
- Saturday 23 December - Glitter Girls - 12 noon to 3pm
- Sunday 24 December - Glitter Girls - 12 noon to 3pm
Choirs and bands
- Wednesday 22 November - Sing Healthy Choir from 6pm to 7:15pm
- Wednesday 29 November - BWCB Beaufort Band - 7pm to 8pm
- Wednesday 6 December - Bracknell Churches Community Choir - 6pm to 8pm
- Saturday 9 December - BWCB Beaufort Band - 1pm to 2pm
- Wednesday 13 December - Thames Voyces Choir - 6:30pm to 7:30pm
- Thursday 14 December - Cantata Conviva Ladies Choir - 6pm to 7pm
- Saturday 16 December - BWCB Liquorice Allsorts Band - 1pm to 2pm
- Wednesday 20 December - Bracknell Churches Community Choir - 6pm to 8pm
- Thursday 21 December - Ascot Community Choir - 10:30am to 11:30am
Christmas Wishes Workshops
- Sunday 26 November from 1pm to 4pm
- Sunday 3 December from 11am to 4pm
- Sunday 10 December from 11am to 4pm
Friday Night Notes
- Friday 24 November - Abi Powell - 6pm to 6:20pm and 7pm to 7:20pm
- Friday 1 December - Professional pianist John - 6pm to 8pm
- Friday 8 December - Vicki Sayers - 6pm to 6:20pm and 7pm to 7:20pm
- Friday 15 December - Simon Cook - 6pm to 6:25pm and 7pm to 7:25pm
- Friday 22 December - Judith Usher - 6pm to 6:20pm
- Friday 22 December - Jenny Dobson - 7pm to 7:20pm
- Friday 29 December - Simon Lasky - 5pm to 5:35pm and 6pm to 6:45pm and 7pm to 7:45pm