Fox Hill Primary School has received the thumbs up from Ofsted after inspectors rated it as a ‘good’ school following a recent review.
Inspectors visited the school on 25 and 26 September and found it to be ‘good’ in all five categories, praising staff for their dedication to improving standards and the local authority for the high standard of support it provides to the school.
Comments from inspectors included:
- "Leaders have worked tirelessly to address all areas for improvement identified in past inspections. Leaders have secured strong values and a caring ethos at Fox Hill.
- Teaching is typically good. Teachers’ good subject knowledge enables them to evaluate accurately what pupils do and do not know.
- Pupils behave well. They demonstrate strong tolerance and respect for each other’s views and beliefs. Consistently they are well mannered and polite.
- Parents and carers hold the school in high regard, many commenting how it has improved significantly in recent years.
- Strong support from the local authority helps hone leaders’ actions to strengthen further teaching and learning.
- The local authority provides robust support that helps leaders, including governors, drive further improvements at Fox Hill.
- The local authority has been a highly effective partner in Fox Hill’s long-term improvement journey."
The report also praised the council’s standards and effectiveness partner, stating that this role helps the school’s Headteacher evaluate teaching and learning to ensure most pupils maintain strong rates of progress.
Cllr Gareth Barnard, Executive Member for Children, Young People and Learning, said:
“We are committed to working with all our schools to ensure that standards are raised and the borough’s children get the best possible education.
“Congratulations to the staff at Fox Hill Primary School whose hard work has paid off with the school officially being rated as ‘good’. I am delighted the work of our standards and effectiveness team has also been recognised by Ofsted as having had a significant impact on the school’s rating.
“However, our journey does not end here; we will continue to work with the school as it puts plans in place to address inspectors’ recommendations for further improvement to ensure every pupil at Fox Hill Primary School is able to achieve their potential.”
Sarah Coxell, Headteacher at Fox Hill Primary School, said:
“I am delighted that Fox Hill has achieved this ‘good’ rating from Ofsted; it is a huge testament to the dedication and commitment of the staff, governing body, local authority, parents and carers and of course the amazing children. I feel proud to have been part of this journey in raising standards, ensuring there are high expectations and aspirations for all.”
Echoing Mrs Coxell’s comments, Dr Roy Bailey, Chair of Governors, added:
“Although we are very pleased with the report, we are not complacent and will strive to make Fox Hill an outstanding school, working hard on the areas to improve as identified by the inspectors.”
Further information about Fox Hill Primary School can be found on the school’s website.
To read the full report visit the Ofsted website.