Another exciting time is coming for our young readers. From Monday 2 December they can join the Winter Reading Mini Challenge, a smaller version of the Summer Challenge. It comes with a virtual badge to unlock, a certificate to be awarded and lots of activities and books to choose from.
To take part you need just to:
- sign in from Monday 2 December 2019
- read or listen to 3 books (for inspiration look around your library to find book displays)
- review your books on the challenge website
You have until Monday 13 January 2020 to read your books.
This year the challenge has been inspired by “Pugs of the Frozen North”, a frosty adventure who features lots of pugs, written by Philip Reeve and Sarah McIntyre. Dogs and snow - is there any better combination for your winter reading?
To celebrate the challenge we have partnered with children’s author Fiona Barker. She will lead dog-themed interactive storytimes, with crafts and singing throughout Bracknell Forest. The dates are:
- Wednesday 4 December, 3:30pm, at Crowthorne Library
- Thursday 5 December, 10:30am at Birch Hill Library
- Thursday 5 December, 3:30pm at Sandhurst Library
- Friday 6 December, 3:00pm at Whitegrove Library
Ask the local library staff to book your place. Each session costs £1.50 each session.
These events are best suited for 3 to 7 years, but anyone is welcome.