Most children are now accessing their education online.
Here are some top tips on internet safety:
- take time to check your child’s online activity, even if you are busy working from home yourself
- make sure your child is only using their school’s online learning portals or trusted websites such as BBC Bitesize or Times Tables Rockstars
- do not respond to any offers of online tutoring from people you don’t know - even if it has been shared by your friends
- remind your child that strangers online are like strangers in real life, and that if anyone they don’t know tries to contact them they should tell you
- report anything suspicious to the Child Exploitation and Online Protection command (CEOP)
You might like to visit the Think You Know website with your child. It's run by the CEOP and provides help and guidance to children about how to stay safe online.