Starting back to school can be an anxious time for lots of children and young people.
There is evidence to prove that reading can help children get through difficult times in their life. Children agree that it is a useful way to start conversations about their feelings, and Reading Well books have the right help and advice.
#ReadingWell helps children to understand and manage their health and wellbeing using helpful reading. The books have been chosen by health experts and people living with the conditions covered.
At Bracknell Forest we are very aware that these books are essential to children and young people. Where possible, we buy these book either in printed format or as an ebook.
The following books (and more) are available within our libraries:
- Clownfish by Alan Durant
- Ruby's Worries by Tom Percival
- Me and my Fear by Francesca Sanna
- The Colour Thief by Andrew Fusek Peters
- Having a Disability by Louise Spilsbury
- M is for Autism by Vicky Martin
- How not to Lose it by Anna Williamson
More information on Reading Well can be found on the Reading Well website.