If you need to contact the council you can:
- report something online
- phone 01344 352000
Over the Christmas period our phone lines will be open to the public at the following times:
- Monday 21 December - 8:30am to 5pm
- Tuesday 22 December - 8:30am to 5pm
- Wednesday 23 December - 8:30am to 5pm
- Thursday 24 December - 8:30am to 5pm
- Friday 25 December - Closed
- Monday 28 December - Closed
- Tuesday 29 December - 8:30am to 5pm
- Wednesday 30 January - 8:30am to 5pm
- Thursday 31 January - 8:30am to 5pm
- Friday 1 January - Closed
In the event of an emergency outside of these times, please call 01344 352000 and select the appropriate option.
Please only attend our offices at Time Square in an emergency, or if you have a pre-booked appointment with the Register Office.
Do you need to?
Check your bin day
You can check your bin day using our bin finder.
Pay your council tax
You can pay your council tax using our online payments system.
Find something to read or listen to
While the libraries are closed over Christmas, why not take a look at our selection of online resources:
We are also continuing to offer free Home Library Service deliveries to anyone who is in a vulnerable category, or self-isolating for medical reasons.
Find out more about our current library service.
Visit the tip
If you want to visit the tip over the festive period, make sure you check the opening hours on Re3’s website and book a slot to attend.
Check gritting routes
You can find out about gritting routes on our gritting guide.