Bracknell Forest residents born before November 2003 are being offered their first or second COVID-19 vaccinations this week, without needing an appointment.
Vaccinations are available at:
Waitrose Sports and Leisure Centre:
- Monday 26 July to Friday 30 July, 8am to 7pm (Pfizer and AstraZeneca every day)
- Saturday 31 July to Sunday 1 August, 8am to 1pm (Pfizer and AstraZeneca every day)
- Monday 26 July, 8am to 1pm and 1:30pm to 6pm (Pfizer and AstraZeneca all day)
- Thursday 29 July, 8am to 1pm and 1:30pm to 6pm (Pfizer only)
Residents attending for their first dose, will have their vaccination record updated online and will then be able to book their second dose appointment using the NHS national booking system. Residents must be at least 17 years and 9 months of age to be eligible for their first dose.
Residents attending for their second dose, will need to make sure:
- it has been at least 8 weeks since their first one
- the session they go to offers the same vaccine as their first dose
Getting your second dose is vital to make sure you get longer lasting and maximum protection offered by the vaccines, with recent research also showing they are highly effective against the Delta strain of the virus. Two doses are better than one.
Those who have their second dose appointment booked can still use the walk-in services as long as it is offering the same vaccine as their first dose. Original appointments must be cancelled to allow them to be reallocated.
Cancelling an appointment
Second doses booked using the national booking system, should be cancelled on the NHS national booking system or by calling 119.
Appointments booked using a local vaccination service, should be cancelled with them directly.
For more information on vaccines in Bracknell Forest visit our vaccinations page.
Residents not wishing to use one of the walk-in sites, can still book their vaccination using the NHS national booking system, or by calling 119.