If you are a Bracknell Forest resident aged 18 and over, you can walk-in to 2 sites and get your first or second COVID-19 vaccination, without needing an appointment.
Vaccination site at Waitrose Sports and Leisure Centre:
- 2 July to 4 July, 10am to 2pm (Pfizer and AstraZeneca each day)
- 5 July to 9 July, 9am - 12pm (Pfizer and AstraZeneca each day)
Vaccination site at Birch Hill Medical Centre:
- 3 July - 9am to 1pm (Pfizer)
- 5 July - 8am to 1pm (Pfizer) and 1:30pm to 6:30pm (AstraZeneca)
- 6 July - 9am to 1pm (Pfizer) and 1:30pm to 6:30pm (AstraZeneca)
- 8 July - 8:30am to 1:30pm (Pfizer)
If you’ll be attending either site to have your second dose, then you need to make sure that:
- it has been at least 8 weeks since your first dose
- you go to a session offering the same vaccine as your first dose
If you already have your second dose appointment booked, you can use the walk-in service at a session that is offering the same vaccine as your first dose. Please cancel your original appointment to allow it to be reallocated. If your second dose was booked on the national booking system, you will need to go to the national booking system or call 119 to cancel. If you booked by a local vaccination service, you need to contact them to cancel.
Getting your second dose is vital to getting longer lasting and maximum protection offered by the vaccines, with recent research also showing they are highly effective against the Delta strain of the virus.
If you don’t want to use one of the walk-in sites, then you can still book your vaccination by the national booking system.
If you do not have internet access or cannot go online, then you can call the service on 119 instead to book your jab.
In line with updated JCVI guidance, people aged 39 and under and all pregnant women will be offered the Pfizer vaccine.