Who can apply?
From 23 May everyone will be able to apply for Universal Credit in Bracknell Forest, unless they are:
- between 18 and 21 years old (unless they meet an exemption)
- families with 3 or more dependent children living in their household (they will continue to claim legacy benefits including housing benefit)
- in temporary accommodation (accommodation arranged by the council) (they will claim housing benefit for their housing costs and Universal Credit for their living costs)
- in supported accommodation - generally hostels, where care, support and counselling is provided or in sheltered housing (they will claim housing benefit for their housing costs and Universal Credit for their living costs)
- claimants who’s partners are in receipt of pension credits can choose whether to join their claim or claim Universal Credit
- of State Pension age