What we provide
We provide copies of marriage and civil partnership certificates where they occurred in our district.
Registers we hold
This district was formerly known as Easthampstead or Bracknell. It includes Sandhurst and North Ascot and up until 1998 included Sunningdale and South Ascot.
We hold the registers for:
- all marriages held in the register office in Bracknell between 1837 and 1937
- all marriages held in the register office or Syrett Suite in Bracknell since 1 April 1967
- all marriages held in approved premises in the Bracknell Forest district since 1995
- all marriages held in churches (of any denomination) in the Bracknell Forest district since 1837 (the district includes the parishes of: Binfield, Bracknell, Cranbourne, Crowthorne, Easthampstead, Owlsmoor, Warfield, Winkfield and the Military Chapel at RMA Sandhurst)
- all civil partnerships registered in the Bracknell Forest district since December 2005
Most churches have their own registers and these are only deposited at the register office when they are completed (this may take several years). When we do not hold the register, applications should be made to the vicar or authorised person at the church concerned.