Council tax is money paid to the council that helps to pay for certain things.
The money pays for education.
It pays for collecting your bins.
And for keeping the streets clean.
You will get a letter telling you how much to pay and how you can pay.
Payments are usually due on the 1st of each month.
How to pay
There are lots of ways to pay.
You can pay by:
- direct debit or standing order
- using our online payments system
- debit or credit card over the phone - call 01344 352007
You can also pay by cash or debit card at any Post Office.
You will need to take your council tax bill with you.
You may be able to get a discount if
- you are the only person over 18 living in your home
- if you are disabled, or if someone you live with is disabled
If you have any questions you can:
- call 01344 352011
- email firstname.lastname@example.org