What can be collected as a bulky item?
As a general rule we will not collect anything that the average family would not ordinarily take if they moved house.
We would normally collect bulky household items such as:
- beds and mattresses
- carpets (please cut and roll into manageable sizes)
- household electrical items - fridges and freezers must be empty
- sofas and armchairs
We do not collect:
- DIY, construction and demolition waste
- fitted kitchens, bathroom suites, internal doors
- garden sheds, fences and greenhouses
- garden waste
- items that are over saturated or unsanitary
- any waste from a business premises
The council has absolute discretion as to what it will and will not take as 'bulky waste'.