Skip to main content

Council tax charges and bands

Challenge your valuation band

Every domestic property is allocated a valuation band. The Valuation Office Agency is responsible for placing properties into their appropriate band.

The valuation bands are based on the amount a property would have sold for on 1 April 1991.

You can appeal to the Valuation office agency if you believe your band is wrong. You must keep paying council tax while your appeal is considered.

More about appeals is available on the Valuation Office Agency website or GOV.UK.

Contact Information

Revenue Services

Make an enquiry