This course takes you though meadows, copses and alongside ponds of this Green Flag site.
This course is suitable for beginners or those simply wishing to try somewhere new.
It was installed with the help of Canon volunteers.
The course features:
- 12 wooden posts complete with red and white markers – containing both a letter and number
- 2 maps, both with posts marked - 1 contains blank boxes to collect letters and 1 reveals the correct answers, which spell “ Quercus robur” – Latin for English Oak
- self contained course – the site is bounded by hedges or woodland and there are exits and entrances around the site on to Murrell Hill lane, St Marks Road and a footpath
DocumentPopes Meadow orienteering map
You can reach Popes Meadow by:
- foot - there are 5 pedestrian entrances to the site from St Mark’s Road and Murrell Hill Lane
- bicycle - cycle stands are located in the main entrance car park, off St Mark’s Road
- bus - First Bus services travel to St Marks Road and Terrace Road North from Bracknell Town Centre
- car - Popes Meadow is between Bracknell and Binfield, with the main entrance off St Mark’s Road, just to the North of the junction - there is free car parking is available off St Mark’s Road, RG42 4AY