Saturday 11 January - Traditional orchard wassail
Wassailing is an old English custom to celebrate and protect fruit trees and to make sure of a good harvest. Come and enjoy a simple revival of this seasonal tradition, by firelight at Lily Hill Park. Suitable for all.
Bring cider or apple juice. Please drink responsibly.
When: Saturday 11 January, 5:30pm to 7pm.
Where to meet: North car park, off Lily Hill Road, Bracknell, RG12 2RX.
Sunday 19 January - heathland management at Wildmoor Heath
Kick start your new year by helping the rangers conserve this precious site. Tools, training and refreshments provided. Please bring a pack lunch and work gloves.
When: Sunday 19 January, 10am to 1:30pm.
Where to meet: Wildmoor Heath car park, Crowthorne Road, RG45 7PP.
Monday 20 January - Natural History Society - The Miracle of Bird Migration Explained
The Bracknell Forest Natural History Society invites you to a talk on bird migration with Mark Pearson, Expert ornithologist.
When: Monday 20 January, 7:30pm to 9:30pm. Doors open 7:15pm.
Where to meet: South Hill Park Arts Centre, Ringmead, Bracknell, RG12 7PA.
Cost: Membership is £12 per year with an entrance fee of £1 for evening meetings – or come along as a visitor and pay £3 for the evening. Under 16 free. No booking required.
Tuesday 21 January - volunteer led walk - Winkfield circuit
Join us for a volunteer led walk. This is a moderate walk and will last up to 4 miles or 1 hour 45 minutes.
When: Tuesday 21 January at 10:30am.
Where to meet: Winkfield Church, Church Road, Winkfield, Windsor SL4 4SF (alternative parking at The White Hart pub).
Friday Nordic walking - Swinley Forest
Each session is led by a qualified and insured instructor and includes a warm up, technique review/focus, a 2 to 2.5 mile walk and cool down and stretch. It is very social, allowing you to walk and talk and lots of fun. Find out more on our Facebook page.
When: Fridays at 11:30am.
Where to meet: The Look Out Discovery Centre car park, Nine Mile Ride, Bracknell RG12 7QW.
Car parking charges apply.
Cost: Booking is per half term and costs equal £5 per session (£6 including pole hire).
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- phone: 07961 356207
Event booking and advice
Please note the following information about our events:
- online booking and pre-payment is required for all our events unless otherwise stated
- please bring your booking reference with you to the event
- for all events, particularly those taking place outdoors, please wear suitable clothing and footwear
- all children under 16 attending our events must be accompanied by a responsible adult
- events may be filmed and/or photographed - please specify to the photographer if you do not wish to be included in this
- please note that ticket sales close at 9am the previous working day