Skip to main content

About public path orders

Landowners, lessees or occupiers may apply to the council for the creation, diversion or closure of public rights of way (PROW) on their land. These applications are known as public path orders.

If works need to be carried out which are potentially going to affect a PROW (such as works by utility companies) then the PROW may need to be temporarily closed and a diversion route provided. In this instance a Temporary Traffic Regulation Order will need to be applied for.

PDF icon Temporary Traffic Regulation Order form118 bytes

Contact Information

Parks and Countryside

Make an enquiry