Skip to main content

Regularisation certificates

Where work has previously been carried out without submitting an application and gaining building regulations approval, you may be able to apply for a regularisation certificate.

In order for a regularisation certificate to be issued we will require plans of the unauthorised work as built. These plans will be checked for compliance with the regulations which were in force at the time the works were originally carried out.

On receipt of the application we may require you to lay open the works or make tests, and provide samples of materials in order that we can decide what work, if any, is needed to ensure compliance. Following the inspection of the works we may issue a schedule of defects.

A regularisation certificate will only be issued if these matters are addressed satisfactorily.

How to apply

To apply for a regularisation certificate please complete the regularisation application form.

Contact Information

Building control

Make an enquiry