Skip to main content

We are in the early stages of building a new website and would like your feedback. Find out more about the upgrade.

Do I need to submit a planning application?

Under planning regulations, mobile homes are classified as caravans, and not as dwelling houses. This means mobile homes do not benefit from permitted development rights and a planning application must be submitted for most development.

Common examples of development to your mobile home that require the submission of a planning application include (but is not limited to):

  • any extension to an existing mobile home, including porches
  • outbuildings, including summer houses and garden sheds of any size
  • other miscellaneous garden structures including pergolas and garden parasols fixed to the ground
  • children’s play equipment that is fixed to the ground
  • hardstanding, including driveways, patio areas and the laying of gravel
  • decking and access steps of any size
  • siting of fixed containers, such as for gas storage

Failure to submit a planning application may result in the local planning authority (Bracknell Forest Council) or mobile home park management/land owner taking action to remove the offending development.

Contact information

Customer services

Make an enquiry