Skip to main content
Warning triangle

Coronavirus (COVID-19): Visit our coronavirus pages for the latest updates.

Significant amendments

If your proposed amendment is not non-material or minor, make a fresh planning application.

You can make one free re-submission of a planning application, provided:

  • it is for the same development
  • it is within 12 months of the original permission being granted

It may, therefore, be possible to make a free application for the amendment. This will depend on whether the proposed amendment has changed the character of the development.

The usual planning application fee would apply if:

  • the amendment would change the character of the development
  • more than 12 months have passed
  • the 'free go' has already been used up
  • a different person is submitting the revised application

Contact information

Customer services

Make an enquiry