The fees for pre-application advice are:
- Stage 1 - In principle advice for permitted development enquiries - £50
- Stage 1 - In principle advice for householder proposals - £80
- Full standard pre-application enquiry - £130
You can pay when you make an enquiry.
There are some cases where a fee is not required:
- where the works are required to meet the needs of a person's disability
- where the proposal only relates to works requiring listed building/conservation area consent
- following refusal of an application which has been submitted in line with advice given on an earlier pre-application enquiry
For information about fees for developers, see our pre-application advice for developers.